Dining at DDS
At Dutchess Day School our CIA trained chef strives to create menus and meals that are healthy, seasonal and delicious. Students are not allowed to bring their own lunches but eat family style with fellow classmates and faculty members. Eating family style promotes a sense of community and cooperation within the school. The children are involved in the daily operation of the dining room acting as servers who bring the food to the tables and clear at the end of the meal. Students do well with this responsibility providing a service to their fellow classmates and school community.
Some of the highlights from the DDS lunch menu include:
• Daily salad bar with house made salads and dressings
• Hormone and antibiotic free milk
• Fresh fruit and vegetables
• Whole grain sandwich bread
• Brown rice and whole grain pasta
• Milk, eggs, apples, beef and chicken from local farms
• Two fresh made soups served daily
• All disposable materials used are compostable
Children with special dietary needs and allergies are accommodated with individual attention.